Are you looking for a super simple but super delicious green smoothie recipe? If so, this is apple and mint smoothie would be perfect for you.
It’s simple because you only need to blend 5 ingredients, all of which you should be able to find them all at your local supermarket (a.k.a. there are no jazzy superfood powders in here. It’s just straight up fruit and veggies).
It’s delicious thanks to the apple and mint, and green thanks to the spinach. Don’t be scared to add spinach to your smoothie because you won’t even taste it once it’s mixed in with all of the other ingredients.
Overall, this smoothie is very light and refreshing. Usually when I add mint to a smoothie I also add cacao powder to make a very decadent mint-choc smoothie. But today I was in the mood for something sweet and green.
This yummy smoothie really hit the spot. And it’s proof that a green smoothie doesn’t have to taste bad to be good for you… actually, I hope that all of my green smoothie recipes are proof of that.
This recipe has also it’s been approved as tasty by my boyfriend. He wanted a bacon sandwich for breakfast rather than a smoothie, but he ate more of my smoothie bowl than I was expecting when I gave him some to try!
2.5 of your 5-a-day
Apple & Mint Smoothie Recipe
- 1.5 small / 1 large frozen bananas
- 1 small sweet apple (I used a braeburn)
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- ½ cup filtered water
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves (or to taste)
– chopped apple
– 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Core and chop the apple. Slice a few bits length ways if you want to add them on top like I have.
- Blend together the frozen banana, chopped apple and water until it’s smooth.
- Add in the spinach and mint then blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the toppings.
Did you know…
You can make your mint last longer by storing it in a glass of water on the window sill. This mint has been growing for about 3 weeks!
Do you like the look of this smoothie?