2 of your 5-a-day
- 1 apple
- ½ cup rolled or sprouted oats
- 1 heaped tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 handful almonds (about 12-15) roughly chopped
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used rice milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the oats, flaxseeds, raisins, agave syrup, almonds and milk and store in a sealable container overnight. This isn’t essential but makes it easier for you to absorb the nutrients and also, it makes the raisins nice and juicy.
- In the morning chop your apple, place in a separate bowl with the cinnamon and 1 tbsp water. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the oat mixture to the softened apples and stir. In summer I like to have cold oats so I skip straight to step 5!
- Microwave for 2 minutes- keeping an eye on it to check it’s not boiling over!
- Add any extra toppings- maybe more nuts or yogurt for extra protein.
Did you know….
You should eat your apple peel. A large proportion of the nutrients (like vitamin A and C) and fiber are stored in the skin. This means you’ll be missing out on the benefits if you bin it. Just remember to wash it first.
Who else loves porridge?
I’d love to see your creations and topping choices on instagram or twitter hashtag #HealthyandPsyched