2 of your 5-a-day
Apple, Rosehip & Berry Overnight Oats Recipe
1/2- 3/4 cup oats (I used Planet Organic gluten-free sprouted oats)
1 rosehip and apple tea bag (I used Twinings)
3/4 cup water
1 small or 1/2 large organic apple grated
1 tbsp goji berries
1 heaped tsp pumpkin seeds
1 heaped tsp sunflower seeds
- Toppings :
- 1/2 cup fresh berries and pomegranate arils
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds + 1 tsp hemp seeds (optional)
- Put the tea bag in a bowl and steep in 3/4 cup boiling water for an hour- you want it nice and strong and for the water to have cooled down
- Take out the tea bag and add the other ingredients to the tea
- Cover the bowl in clingfilm and place in the fridge over night
- In the morning take out your oats and give them a good stir.
- Add your toppings then enjoy. If the mixture is too thick you can add extra non-dairy milk .
DID YOU KNOW….
You don’t need to use milk in the recipe because when you soak the oat mixture overnight it becomes nice and creamy. Check out this post for other ideas on what to do when you’ve run out of non-dairy milk.