Hands up if you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Keep your hand up if you’d like to eat a healthier version.
There are several variations on this recipe so you can decide just how much effort you’re willing to put into making them.
Version 1- The lazy-bones.
These are the peanut butter cups I made, it’s a great recipe for anyone who wants to make their own peanut butter cups but wants to put in the minimum effort.
HOME MADE REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP RECIPE
Serves 6 (0 of your 5-a-day)
- 100g dark chocolate*
- 6 tbsp Pic’s smooth peanut butter
- Himalayan pink salt
- Line a cupcake tin with 6 paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate. Since this is the ‘lazy-bones’ version I used the microwave. Simply break the chocolate into smaller chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl. Then melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2 x 30 seconds, stiring in between and at the end. If there are a few bits that haven’t melted after the minute you should be able to get them to melt by stiring the chocolate. Don’t put it in the microwave again otherwise it might get burnt!
- Place 1 tbsp of chocolate into the bottom of each case.
- Put 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the centre of the chocolate.
- Then add a further 1 tbsp of chocolate on top making sure to completely cover the peanut butter. The add a grind of salt.
- Leave them to set and then enjoy.
*I used Tesco 85% dark chocolate (Ingredients- cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, reduced fat cocoa powder, emulsifier (sunflower lecithin) and flavouring). I usually like to eat raw chocolate that uses coconut sugar as a sweetener and 100% natural ingredients, but sometimes that doesn’t melt very well, so I decided to use dark chocolate.
Version 2- The sweet tooth.
Follow the recipe as above but mix the peanut butter with 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup. Use this adaptation if you have a sweet tooth or are using very dark chocolate.
Version3- The health-nut.
Follow the recipe as in version 1 but make your own chocolate! You might already have a go to recipe but if not here are my suggestions.
And I very much like the look of this recipe from The Healthy Beard.
DID YOU KNOW
Not all peanut butter is made the same!! Check out my tips for how to choose a healthy peanut butter here.
Now you know all 3 recipes, which version would you make?