I’m excited to introduce this guest recipe from Mara at She Smiles. It’s a pretty pink dragon fruit smoothie bowl!
Mara says “I kept seeing amazing photos of dragon fruit all over Instagram and I wanted to try it! It’s such a pretty fruit and it has a lot of health benefits as well!
In this smoothie bowl I combined dragon fruit together with goji berries, strawberries and bananas. Berries and dragon fruit are rich in antioxidants, which can promote healthy glowing skin, and protect against disease like cancer. Both dragon fruit and flax seeds provide a good intake of your daily fibre as well!
So there you go, a smoothie bowl packed with healthy and nutrient dense fruits to get you going!
DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
3 of your 5-a-day
- 1 dragon fruit
- 1tbsp dried goji berries
- 6 strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1tsp flax seeds (optional)
- Toppings: banana, more dragon fruit and coconut flakes.
- Scoop the dragon fruit out of it’s skin and put in a blender together with goji berries, roughly chopped strawberries and banana.
- Blend all together until smooth.
- Add a teaspoon of flax seeds and press start on that blender once again for a few more seconds!
- Pour it in bowls and add your favorite toppings!”
WHERE TO BUY A DRAGON FRUIT
If you live in Asia I expect that you will have no problem buying a dragon fruit in your local market or supermarket.
If you live in the UK it might be more of a problem. I have seen them recently in some of the major supermarkets. You could also have a look in an asian supermarket. I should imagine you’d be able to get one in an asain grocery store in most major cities.
Mara moved to east London after growing up in northern Italy and is studying to be a nutritional therapist. She follows a not too restrictive healthy plant based diet, however being Italian, the occasional Pizza may or may not happen. J You will find her smiling a lot on Instagram, experimenting in the kitchen, creating healthy and tasty recipes.