These festive inspired gingerbread peanut butter cups are the perfect gift for your peanut butter loving friends (or yourself!) this Christmas.
Your friend will be so impressed that you took the time to make them a present. You don’t even have to tell them how easy the peanut butter cups are to make – all you need 4 ingredients and under 10 minutes (plus time to set).
The gingerbread peanut butter is homemade so you can make them to the exact spice level you want. Plus, you’re in control of how healthy you want to make them. I suggest using a peanut butter that is free from sugar and palm oil (see here) and 85% Dark chocolate (for other options see here), but it’s totally up to you. And you can even use mini cake cases to make bite size gingerbread peanut butter cups if you want!
WARNING: These are super yummy and if you make them now they’re likely to be all gone by Christmas!
GINGERBREAD PEANUT BUTTER CUP RECIPE
0 of your 5-a-day
- 200g chocolate (I used 85% Dark)*
- 5 tbsp Pic’s peanut butter*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ to 1 ½ tbsp ginger powder (or to taste)
- Optional: pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and or cloves.
- Line a cupcake tin with 6 paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate. Break the chocolate into smaller chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl. Then melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2 x 30 seconds, stiring in between and at the end until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Make the gingerbread peanut butter by mixing together the peanut butter, maple syrup, half a table spoon of ginger powder and optional spices. Taste it to see if you think it needs more spice and add more if you like.
- Take 1 tbsp of gingerbread peanut butter and roll it into a ball. You should end up with six balls.
- Place 1 tbsp of chocolate into the bottom of each case.
- Add in a gingerbread peanut butter ball and then top with 1 tbsp of chocolate making sure the peanut butter is fully covered.
- Leave them to set and then take them out of the cases and enjoy.
DID YOU KNOW
If you’re not a fan of peanut butter you could try spiced almond butter instead – Recipe in this post.
P.S. I think that you’d love these pretty and easy homemade vegan chocolates (in the photo above)