I’ve had the idea for this peanut butter, peach and basil smoothie in my head for weeks! I wanted to make something that was a little bit different, but is still super easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s a perfect breakfast or snack for PEANUT BUTTER WEEK!
To get a subtle basil flavour I infused basil leaves in water for 24 hours and then used that water to make the smoothie. If you love the flavour of basil or forget to infuse your water, then go-ahead and throw in the whole leaves. I suggest that you add 1-2, blend the smoothie, taste it and then add in more basil if you want to. It’s always easier to add more than try and tone down the flavour if you put too much in!
Also, remember to use a nice ripe peach to get a more fruity taste. I had to wait about 2 weeks for my peaches to ripen but it was well worth the wait! Although, unfortunately, in that time my camera lense got broken and so I am now having to take photos on my phone, which isn’t as good.
Peanut Butter, Peach & Basil Smoothie Recipe
2 of your 5-a-day
- 1 medium ripe banana (frozen)
- 1 ripe doughnut peach or a medium peach
- 1-2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (optional)
- 1 handful of ice
- To infuse the water, pour it into a glass bottle then add the basil and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When you are ready to make the smoothie add all of the ingredients to your blender and mix until it is smooth. You can choose to add 1 cup of basil infused water, or if you would like a creamier smoothie you can use 1/2 cup of infused water and 1/2 cup almond milk.
Do you think you’d like to try this peanut butter smoothie recipe?
P.S. Check out the Cherry, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl I made during PEANUT BUTTER WEEK 2016.