I feel like I’m a bit late to the party with this pumpkin spice latte oatmeal recipe! But I had lots of mini pumpkins left after Halloween and I wanted to put them to good use.
This recipe was inspired by my conversation with Eleanor from Green + Aquamarine. It turns out that she loves porridge, just like me and she was raving about an amazing bowl of pumpkin spice oats she made – so I had to try it!
I love adding all sorts of vegetables to my porridge including courgette, cauliflower and beetroot. Pumpkin is also a great addition. It will give your oats a thicker texture and adds vitamins such as A and C, check out this article for 8 health benefits of pumpkin.
Pureed pumpkin will work best in this recipe. You can buy it pre-canned (look in the world food or American section if you’re in the UK) or make your own by roasting and mashing pumpkin.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Oatmeal Recipe
1 of your 5-a-day
- 1/2 cup porridge or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Apple sauce or maple syrup to taste
- Make your coffee! I used decafe of a medium strength, but you can make it as strong as you choose.
- Place all of the ingredients in a pan and cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the oats have absorbed the liquid.
- Pour your oats into a bowl and top with caramelised pecans, chia seeds and cacao nibs.
Do you like pumpkin spice?
I used to hate the taste of cinnamon and spices but now I can’t get enough of it!