This amazing Peanut Butter Hummus recipe idea and the beautiful photos are courtesy of Ayten from @eatnourishlove. I think that it’s perfect for Healthy & Psyched PEANUT BUTTER WEEK 2017 (a.k.a. The week every year when I post about peanut butter every day!)
I’m currently sat here drooling over the photos of the peanut butter hummus and feeling thankful that she created this recipe. I have always been terrible at making hummus – I’m not sure if it’s because I am using the wrong food processor or because I don’t use enough oil- but it never wants to blend together properly. Also, I recently had to stop eating chickpeas because I seem to react badly to them – so there is no hummus on the horizon for me any time soon.
If, unlike me, you can eat chickpeas, then try this delicious looking recipe!! I love that Ayten has added a small amount of date syrup for sweetness and then suggested adding in savoury pepper. I bet it tastes amazing. If I was making it, I think I would be tempted to add cinnamon into the mix as well.
Peanut Butter Hummus Recipe
Takes 5 minutes!
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 heaped tbsp smooth Pic’s peanut butter
- optional- salt, pepper and any other seasonings you would like to get creative with
- Empty the chickpeas into a bowl and microwave for one minute so they soften then drain them.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend for 2 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
It will look very creamy but once it has been left in the fridge for a few hours it will thicken up.
If you would like to see more of Ayten’s recipes or beautiful food photography then check out her instagram account @eatnourishlove.
How would you pimp your hummus?
MORE PEANUT BUTTER WEEK MADNESS
- Peanut Butter, Peach & Basil Smoothie
- Mini Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnuts
- Turmeric Peanut Butter Bean Burgers
MORE DELICIOUS DIPS – click here