Next up on the Healthy & Psyched PEANUT BUTTER WEEK menu we have roasted curry peanut butter cauliflower! This would make a unique and tasty side dish or a satisfying snack.
Cauliflower is my favourite vegetable at the moment. I just LOVE it. Especially plain steamed and kind of mushy – like your grandma would make (despite the fact that it decreases the vitamin content!).
I know, however, that most people don’t share my love of this vegetable, so here are some ideas of how to eat cauliflower
- Roasted with mixed herbs
- Hide it in a smoothie
- Add it to your oatmeal (recipe here)
- Grain free nutty cauliflower pudding (recipe here)
Make it more exciting by coating it in a curried peanut butter crust! It’s really quick and easy to do, so you really have no excuse not to try it!
Roasted Curry Peanut Butter Cauliflower
1 of your 5-a-day
- ½ large cauliflower
- 2 tbsp smooth Pic’s peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c and line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and pace it in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil if it isn’t already liquid.
- Stir in the peanut butter and curry powder.
- Pour the coating onto the cauliflower and stir well to make sure the cauliflower is totally coated.
- Lay out the cauliflower on the baking tray and put it into the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes.
Are you a cauliflower lover or hater?
MORE FROM PEANUT BUTTER WEEK 2017