Try these chocolate protein balls to power you through Christmas shopping or a marathon cooking sessions this festive season.
Low Sugar Christmas Spice Protein Ball Recipe
<1 of your 5-a-day
- 50g Blissful Brown Rice & Raw Cacao Super Protein
- 25g coconut oil (melted)
- 90g unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- A sprinkle of your favourite Christmas spices such as cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 50g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Mix together the protein powder, spices and coconut oil.
- Add in the apple sauce and maple syrup and stir in until a smooth dough has formed. Taste a bit of the dough and add in extra spices if you want to.
- Sprinkle the coconut onto a large plate.
- Separate the dough into 8 pieces. Wet your hands and roll each piece into a ball. Then roll each ball in coconut to coat the outside.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them.
It’s that easy!
What’s your go-to snack at Christmas?
Related recipe: Superfood mince apple-pie compote