I’m super excited to share the first ever juice recipe on Healthy & Psyched – Creamy Christmas Carrot & Orange Juice!
I got a juicer two weeks ago as an early Christmas present and I’ve made a juice pretty much every day since. This has been one of my favourites – it’s very satisfying and creamy but packed with nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium. These vitamins can help to boost your immune system, protect against infections and promote healthy skin, which is very important in winter.
I’ve called it a ‘Christmas’ juice because a) it’s nearly Christmas, b) it contains parsnip and I only seem to eat parsnip near Christmas and c) I’ve added mixed spice and ginger to make it seem more festive. Also, I did try and decorate it with a pretty snow flake of mixed spice on top, but sadly that totally failed!
You could drink this juice in the morning just before or with breakfast or have it as an afternoon pick me up.
Carrot, Orange & Parsnip Juice Recipe
1 of you 5-a-day*
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 oranges
- 1 small parsnip
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 chunk of fresh ginger (to taste)
- 1 tsp mixed spice (or cinnamon)
- coconut water or filtered water (optional)
- Prepare the fruit / vegetables: Peel the oranges leaving on the white rind. If you are using organic carrots, parsnip and cucumber then leave the skin on and wash/scrub them. If you’re not using organic then peel them.
- Juice the fruit and vegetables. I did the order of 1 orange, ginger, parsnip, 1 carrot, 1 orange, 1 carrot, then cucumber to try and get the most juice out of them.
- Pour into a glass, sprinkle on the mixed spice and stir in well.
- If your juice doesn’t fill the glass you can top it up with some water.
DID YOU KNOW
*According to government guidelines juice can only count as a maximum of one portion of fruit/vegetables.