Christmas chocolate recipe number 2: Homemade dried fruit and nuts thins.
Just like the gingerbread peanut butter cup recipe I shared yesterday, these would make the perfect gift for friends and family at Christmas. I also think they’d look lovely left on the counter (if you can resist eating them!).
The best thing about this recipe is that you can make the recipe look nice and Christmassy using things that you probably already have in your store cupboard. All you need is chocolate and dried fruit and nuts/seeds.
What I used
- Moser Roth 85% Dark Chocolate (from Aldi) – vegan friendly
- dried fruit and brazil nuts from this carob granola recipe
- ground flax seeds from this breakfast muffin recipe
- desiccated coconut from this pina-colada porridge recipe
- pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pistachios, walnuts, raisins
Alternative chocolate options
- Your favourite chocolate!!!
- Raw vegan chocolate. e.g. Ombar, The Raw Chocolate Company, Conscious Chocolate
- Dark vegan chocolate. e.g. Lindt 70-90%
- Homemade chocolate e.g. The Healthy Beard Recipe (Vegan & Paleo Friendly. I haven’t tried this before but I trust it will be nice)
HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATES – DRIED FRUIT AND NUT THINS
0 of your 5-a-day
- 150g chocolate (see options above)
- dried fruit e.g. cranberries, raisins, dried figs, apricots
- nuts e.g. pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pecans, coconut
don’t use peanuts if you want to make them paleo friendly
- seeds e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, ground flax
- Break the chocolate into smaller squares and place in the microwave for 2x 30 seconds, stirring in between and at the end until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Place cupcake cakes in a baking tin and then spoon 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of chocolate
- Top with a variety of dried fruit and nuts
Hope this recipe gave you some inspiration to make Christmas chocolates for your loved ones.